The Hawthorn Enrichment Institute summer program is open to all kindergarten through eighth-grade Hawthorn District 73 students. It will take place from July 9 – August 10, 2018. Registration begins February 1, 2018.
The Foundation funds provided by sponsorship will be granted to our teachers for innovative programs that enrich the existing educational experience throughout the District by engaging corporate, private and community partners. As a new foundation, our hope is to grow our relationship with corporate and business supports around the area.
Please review the attached Upcoming Important Dates before school starts. You will find important dates and events to add to your calendars and important information regarding transportation procedures for Bus Riders and Walkers/Car Riders.
Please see the attached for some very important information about charging Chromebooks.
Students interested in trying out for a Fall sport-Girls’ Basketball, Boys’ Soccer, Cross Country, Pom Pons or Cheerleading, please see the very important flyer attached.
Many thanks to all the parents and families who attended this year’s Residency Event. If you missed the event, you can verify residency beginning on Monday, August 13, at the District Office, 841 West End Court in Vernon Hills. Please come between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. or between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Three documents are required to verify residency. To expedite the registration verification process, District 73 parents/guardians must bring originals and copies of the required documents. Parents or guardians must bring proof of residency within Hawthorn School District 73 by providing one document from each category listed below:
- Photo Identification
Category II Proof of Occupation of Residency in District 73 (one document required)
- Homeowners: Provide current monthly mortgage statement (or recent closing papers) with parent/legal guardian’s name and address or most recent property tax bill.
- Renters: Provide properly executed lease agreement with parent/guardian’s name and address listed as renter, and signature page including name, address and telephone number of landlord for verification.
- Those living with others: Provide a notarized Residency Attestation form for the District 73 resident/landlord explaining the living arrangement as well as all residency documentation of the resident/landlord.
Category III Additional Document Showing Name and Address (one document required)
- Current utility bill (within the last billing cycle, typically 60 days), such as water, electric, gas, telephone, or cable bill
- Current homeowners or renter insurance policy statement
- Vehicle registration
- Voter Registration Card
For more information, please call 847-990-4217 or 847-990-4280 or visit the website: www.Hawthorn73.org.
Please see the attached flyer for more information about staying connected to Middle South.
Please see the attached flyer for a special pre-order offer for picture day on Wednesday, August 29th.
2018-2019 middle school schedules were made available to you in PowerSchool on June 13. If you have not already done so, please log in to your parent portal (https://ps.hawthorn73.org/pub
Should you have questions related to your student’s schedule, please access our online course request form no later than August 7th. This form can be accessed by clicking here or on our Middle School South School
It is crucial that you review this information and submit any inquiries prior to August 7th to ensure that we have time to review your request and contact you with a response prior to the start of the school year.
We look forward to welcoming our students back in just a few weeks.
Mr. Natale & Mrs. Kahn
See link for reading list.
- 2018 PARCC Information
- 6 Blue
- 6 Gold
- 6 White
- 6th GRADE
- 6th Grade Info
- 7 Blue
- 7 Gold
- 7th GRADE
- 8 Blue
- 8 Gold
- 8th GRADE
- 8th GRADE INFORMATION
- Administration / Office Staff
- Advisory – Friday, Sept 5th
- Advisory Day Celebration
- ART & Tech in Action
- Art Show
- Art, Industrial & Consumer Tech Pics
- Arts & Tech Classes in Action
- Back to School Information
- BAND & ORCHESTRA PICS
- Building Schedules
- Coding for Parents
- Columbian Exchange Students Visit
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITES
- Fashion Show
- FIELD TRIP & EVENT SCHEDULE
- First Day of School in Mrs. Mats Classroom
- HEALTH SERVICES
- Latest News
- Learning Specialists
- Lost & Found
- Mouse Trap Cars – Mrs. Busse
- Mr. Brennan’s 7th Grade Science class lab activity on Modeling a Vortex
- MS Staff Directory
- Officer Jones Teaches Self Defense
- Officer Jones Teaches Self-Defense
- Physcial Education Pics
- Physical Education
- random links
- Related Arts Department
- Sample Page
- Snow Day Information
- Social Work Department
- Spanish Department
- STAFF DIRECTORY
- STUDENT COUNCIL
- Symphonic Band Goes to Peoria
- Try this
- Valentine’s Day
- WEEKLY DISTRIBUTION