Hawthorn takes school closings very seriously. Should schools close due to inclement weather or other unforeseen reasons, the district uses an automated emergency notification system to send a recorded voice message to each student’s home telephone number, as provided during registration. Parents have the option of managing their emergency notifications by logging in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal to change telephone numbers, request text messaging, and request email messaging. For more information on how Hawthorn determines school closings, please click here.
https://mss.hawthorn73.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/snow.jpg 1000 1600 admin https://mss.hawthorn73.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/mss-logo1.png admin2016-01-07 10:58:362016-01-07 10:58:36Inclement Weather Update
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:52 am
- Cheerleaders & Poms PerformJanuary 17, 2013 - 8:54 am
- Congratulations to the Hawthorn Middle South 7th and 8th...January 24, 2013 - 10:16 am
- Middle South Advisory Program CelebrationFebruary 7, 2013 - 11:13 am
- February Eagle Award WinnersFebruary 7, 2013 - 12:51 pm
Achievement Advisory alert athletics band basketball bilingual Buildings communication community curriculum Eagle Awards event facilities fashion Geography Bee grounds hea high school lockdown Most Improved music new staff orchestra outage pests promotion registration safety Science Olympiad SEL services soccer social outreach sports students survey teachers technology tenure testing transportation tryouts VolleyBall weather