Dear 8th Grade Students and Parents/Guardians, please mark your calendar according to the events. This will allow your family to plan in advance for important 8th Grade activities at Middle School South for the remainder of this school year.
|December 7||8th Grade promotion information request form to be distributed.|
|January 12||Stevenson High School Benchmark Assessments for 2019-2020 Incoming Freshman. Please contact Stevenson High School for information.
|February 7||8th Grade promotion/casual pictures and VHHS District 128 school photo ID taken at Middle School South. Gown provided by the school for promotion pictures. Any questions contact Ed Clark at 847.231.4444|
|February 27||8th Grade promotion/casual picture makeup for those who were absent on February 7th. Any questions contact Ed Clark at 847.231.4444|
|February 28||Detailed information regarding important dates, promotion information, student promotion fees, class trip permission form, and reserve seating.|
|March 20||Deadline date for returning Promotion Fees and Class Trip permission form.|
|May 3||8th Grade Awards Ceremony student invitation mailing.|
|May 10||Deadline date for returning seating request form for|
Mobility Impaired Guest seating for promotion ceremony.
|May 22||8th Grade Promotion Gown Distribution|
|May 24||8th Grade Class Trip|
|May 28||8th Grade Awards Ceremony (Parents/Guardians attendance by invitation only) at Middle School South, 10:00 a.m.|
|May 28||Last day of attendance for 8th Grade. |
|May 28||Promotion Ceremony at Vernon Hills High School, 8:00 p.m.|
|May 29, 30, 31, June 3, 4, 5, 6||Non-attendance days for 8th Grade students.|
|June 6||8th Grade Promotion Certificate and Final Report Card mailed to address on file.|
Please refer to the information listed regarding promotion and end of the year activities for eighth grade students.
- Promotion Ceremony Information Letter: Document
- Important Information and End of the Year Activities: Document
- Promotion Information Letter: Document
- Request for promotion Seating request for Mobility Impaired Guest: Document
For Further High School Information
Promotion/Casual pictures for all 8th graders will take place on Thursday, February 7th. Students will pose wearing a blue gown as worn in the promotion ceremony. This pose will be used for both the individual portrait and group composite picture. A second picture will be taken with students wearing casual attire.
- Portrait Information: Any questions contact Ed Clark at 847.231.4444
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:52 am
- Cheerleaders & Poms PerformJanuary 17, 2013 - 8:54 am
- Congratulations to the Hawthorn Middle South 7th and 8th...January 24, 2013 - 10:16 am
- Middle South Advisory Program CelebrationFebruary 7, 2013 - 11:13 am
- February Eagle Award WinnersFebruary 7, 2013 - 12:51 pm